Whale Branch Middle School is a public Title I school serving students in fifth through eighth grades from a large rural area stretching from the Marine Corps Air Station to Yemassee, South Carolina. The lovely sixty acre campus is shared with Whale Branch Elementary, which is one of three schools in our cluster. The other schools are James Davis Early Childhood Center and Whale Branch Early College High School.
Our beautiful Whale Branch Middle School was opened in 2000. The largely rural area that encompasses our cluster also includes the Marine Corps Air Station, home to F/A-18 Hornet fighter jets, to Marine Corps Recruit Depot Parris Island, home to all Marine Corps recruits from east of the Mississippi River and to all female recruits, and to the Beaufort Hospital.
The vision of Whale Branch Middle School is to engage and develop students and the community through arts integrated education.
- All students can be successful in school and must be challenged to achieve excellence.
- All students and faculty must treat each other with dignity, respect, and fairness.
- All students have a right to a safe, clean, and healthy learning environment.
- Students are entitled to a variety of learning opportunities that broaden their core knowledge, enrich their lives, and build confidence.
- Technology is critical to the learning process and will be available to all students,
- Administrators, teachers, students, parents, and the community share responsibility for the support of every student's success.
A preparatory program that prepares students to be highly competitive in the medical field. Students will have the opportunity to learn life-saving CPR and First-Aid training.
Our Pre-Med Academy encourages hands-on engagement, problem solving, and technology use for medical research, team collaboration, and project presentation. The Pre-Med Academy will prepare students to explore various careers in medicine. Students will learn about the analysis of data and diagnoses of diseases, investigate disease outbreaks, explore medical careers, and receive lifesaving CPR and first aid certificates - all before leaving middle school.